Solve A Problem / FAQ
If your issue is not addressed below, please contact us.
Q. What payment methods do you accept?
A. We currently accept payment via Payment Express from Credit and Debit Cards [Visa or MasterCard] and direct deposit on our online auction site. These payments are processed by a third-party provider – we do not hold any payment details. Online items must be paid for online and cannot be paid for in store.
Q. Do you ship this item and how much will it cost?
A. We offer shipping on many items, depending on their size and value (its risk to ship high value items). To see if we ship a particular item and how much it will cost, you need to be logged in. This is so we can see where your address is and then calculate shipping.
Q. If I win multiple items can I combine then into a single invoice and pay them with one payment?
A. The auction site combines items onto a single invoice automatically where it can but only if the following conditions are met:
- The items have not yet been fully checked out i.e. finalised/paid
- The items are from the same Seller
- The items have the same shipping option (e.g. they are all “Collect In-Store” or all “Courier Small Pack” etc.)
- The items are not already included as part of another invoice
- You can select/change an items shipping method on the checkout screen as long as it hasn’t been fully checked out i.e. finalised/paid. As you select/change the shipping method the auction site will automatically change which invoice it is combined into.
- Items can always be removed from unpaid invoices and be combined if the above requirements are met.
Q. How long have I got to pay for goods I win at auction?
A. You have 5 days from winning the auction to pay for the goods otherwise the item will be relisted on the auction site and replaced back on sale in the Cash Converters store that is selling it.
Q. Can I pay for the item in store?
A. No, if you have won an auction or have an item in your basket you cannot pay for the item in store. You must complete the payment process via our online site prior to going into the store to collect the item. You can of course go into the store that listed an item and purchase it directly in-store. However, there is a risk that the item is purchased by someone else before you get there.
Q. Can I pick my item up in store?
A. Yes, at the time of checkout you are asked if you would like to pick the item up from the Cash Converters store where the item is located. If you select this option the postage, if any, is automatically removed prior to payment.
Q. If I choose to pick up an item in-store rather than get it shipped, can I pick it up from a store other than the one that listed it?
A. No, unfortunately not. You need to either have it shipped to you (if the option is available) or pick it up in the store that listed the item.
Q. How can I tell which Cash Converters store is auctioning an item?
A. If you view the auction you can see who it was listed by (shown under the start date of the auction) - it will start with "CC" and then the store name e.g. CCPukekohe is Cash Converters Pukekohe.
Q. How can I contact the seller to ask a question?
A. If you are logged in, you can view the auction then click on the "Contact Seller" button or click on the "Post a Question" link at the bottom of the page.
Q. How do I know if you offer shipping on an item?
A. Shipping/pickup options are only listed for items if you have logged in to the auction site. The reason for this is the auction site needs to know where you live so it can work out shipping costs from the seller (store) to your address. Additionally, if the item only lists “Collect in-store” then the seller (store) have deemed the item too heavy, too large or too valuable to courier to you. If this is the case, and you can't pickup in-store, then you must contact the seller (store) before you purchase the item to see if the store is OK with you organising shipping yourself.
Q. I was the highest bidder but I didn't win the item and it was relisted again - why?
A. Many items have a minimum/reserve price and if the bid from the highest bidder at the end of the auction is below the reserve then they do not win the item and it will be automatically relisted again.
Q. How can I recover a lost or forgotten password?
A. Send yourself a password reset via email.
- From the sign in page select the Forgot password? link or click here.
- Enter your email address associated with your account and click the [Submit] button.
- Check your email inbox. If the email does not arrive in your inbox be sure to check your junk mail folder or spam filter.
- Click the reset link in that email.
- Choose a new password.
Q. How do I change my password?
A. You can change your password at any time.
- From your logged in account, go to your "My Account" area.
- From the left hand menu, select "Account > Password."
- Enter your current password.
- Choose your new password.
- Save your changes by clicking the [Change Password] button.
Q. Why am I not receiving any emails?
A. If you are not receiving expected site emails, please check the following:
- Check your junk mail folder or spam filter for the missing emails.
- Make sure that your email address, in your account settings, is entered correctly.
- Verify that your email client, such as Outlook, is not in “offline” mode.
- If you use a POP3 connection to retrieve your email, please verify that the emails were not downloaded to a different computer.
If you are still not receiving our emails, please contact us.
Q. How do I change the email address tied to my account?
A. You can change your email address by editing your account details within your “My Account” area.
Q. Why do I get a warning message that my selected username is invalid?
A. Every user must select a username for their account. The username can only contain letters, numbers, underscores, and hyphens. We recommend replacing all [spaces] with either an underscore or hyphen.
Incorrect: MY Username
Or, it says that the username selected is already in use.Usernames are unique. Two users cannot share the same username. If you get a notice during registration that your username is already in use, you will need to select a different username.
Q. Why does it say that my email address is already in use?
A. If you get a notice that your email address is already in use when creating an account, it means that you have already created an account with us at some point. If you do not remember your login information, please enter your email address into the forgotten password form and you will be able to reset your password and log in to your account.