"Cash Converters" means Cash Converters Digital NZ LP and all its subsidiaries and controlled entities or any one of these depending on the context. Any reference to “us” or “we” is a reference to Cash Converters.
Cash Converters collects personal information to provide you with the products and services you request via the Site as well as information on other products and services offered by or through us. To view the terms and conditions which govern your use of this Site, please see the Terms and Conditions.
We will act to protect your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
Why we collect information
Any information you provide Cash Converters, either using the internet or by any other means, is only collected for purposes which are reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of Cash Converters business functions or activities. These purposes include:
· to provide customers with the products and services they request and to monitor, evaluate and provide products and services;
· to assist customers with queries, resolve customer complaints, or requests for access to information, or to manage any legal action involving Cash Converters;
· to manage customer relationships or accounts and perform other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, credit scoring, staff training, collecting debts and market or customer satisfaction research);
· to provide information on products and services offered by us;
· to comply with our legal obligations;
· to gather and aggregate information for statistical, prudential, actuarial and research purposes; and
· to develop and implement measures to detect or prevent fraud and credit loss.
If you choose not to provide information which we require for the above purposes, we may be unable to provide you with the goods and services you request from us.
What we collect
Personal information collected by us (or on our behalf) generally comprises name, address, date of birth, gender and contact details (including telephone, facsimile and e-mail). Sometimes we collect a few personal details unlikely to be known to other people to help us identify you over the telephone.
Cash Converters will not give your information to Government agencies, private sector organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
· you have consented;
· you would reasonably expect, or have been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies;
· it is otherwise required or authorised by law;
· by your actions we consider you to have released us from our duty of confidentiality or to have consented to the disclosure of information about you without actually saying so (for example, if you discuss your personal information with the media);
· it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody's life or health; or
· it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
Depending on the product or service Cash Converters has provided you with, we may disclose information to:
· our payment processing partners to facilitate payment for products and services you have requested;
· affiliated product and service providers and external product and service providers for whom we act as agent (so that they may provide you with the product or service you seek or in which you have expressed an interest);
· auditors we appoint to ensure the integrity of our operations;
· any person acting on your behalf, including your financial adviser, solicitor, settlement agent, accountant, executor, administrator, trustee, guardian or attorney;
· if required or authorised to do so, regulatory bodies, government agencies or courts or anyone authorised by any one of them to receive such information;
· participants in the payments system (including payment organisations and merchants) and other financial institutions (such as banks);
· any joint borrower(s) or account holder(s);
· credit reporting bodies or debt collection agencies;
· other financial institutions and organisations at their request if you seek credit from them (so that they may assess whether to offer you credit);
· other parties where you have consented to the disclosure;
· suppliers from whom we order goods or services on your behalf (so that the goods or services may be provided to you); or
· other organisations or individuals specified elsewhere in this policy.
If you visit the Cash Converters website to read, browse or download information, our system may record the following information which is provided by your browser:
· the date and time of your visit;
· the type of browser and operating system you are using;
· your Internet Service Provider and top level domain name;
· the address of any referring web site (for example - the previous web site you visited); and
· your computer's IP (Internet Protocol) address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the internet).
Website data is kept strictly confidential. It is used for internal research purposes only. It helps us monitor which sections of the site are most popular to give us a clear idea of what type of information and services to include on our site. It also informs us which members and subscribers are using the site so that we can customise the website information and presentation.
When you use one of our web sites, we may send you a “cookie” that gives you a unique identification number. A “cookie” is a packet of information that allows the server (the computer that houses the website) to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. These cookies may be Session cookies which only last until you close your browser, or they may be Persistent cookies which are stored longer term on your computer. Cookies do not identify individual users, although they may identify a user’s browser type and your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screens to learn more about these functions. If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use our websites or certain website functions may not work properly or at all.
If you decide to complete an online application form, we will collect the information that you enter into the online form and the IP address of your computer. If you cancel your application, information you have already submitted to us prior to you cancelling your application may be used to contact you about your application, after which it will be automatically deleted. The deletion referred to above will happen within a reasonable period of time but in any event, no longer than 30 business days.
Links to other websites
Our websites may contain links to non-Cash Converters websites. While such links are provided for your convenience, you should be aware that the information handling practices of the linked websites might not be the same as ours and we encourage you to read and understand the privacy policies on these websites prior to providing any information to them.
Advertising & Performance Tracking
We use several advertising companies to plan and deliver our online advertising. This often involves displaying banner advertisements on third party websites.
When you see one of our advertisements on a third party website, cookies and, in some cases, Spotlight tags are sometimes used to collect information such as:
· the server your computer is logged on to;
· your browser type;
· the date and time of your visit; and
· the performance of their marketing efforts.
When you visit our websites directly or after seeing one of our advertisements on a third party website, anonymous information is collected on how you use our website. This might include which pages you view, and whether you start or complete an online application. The tracking companies aggregate all the captured information and use it to study internet user behaviour patterns.
They do not include personal information in their studies and use the data mainly to measure advertising effectiveness and relative consumer interest in the various areas of our websites. No personal information is collected during this process. If, however, any information is automatically collected, the tracking companies are required under their arrangements with us to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of that personal information.
We may disclose the information collected, in an aggregated form only, to third parties including advertisers or potential advertisers.
Overseas storage and delivery of information
Cash Converters may store information collected from you at secure third party internet based hosting locations in New Zealand, Australia, the USA, Singapore or Hong Kong. These third party providers store the data securely using systems and processes which are equivalent to those required under the New Zealand Privacy Principles, so that Cash Converters can update, use or disclose the collected information remotely.
Security of Information
We take all reasonable care to preserve the security of personal information collected or submitted to us both physically and digitally. We regularly review developments in security and encryption technologies. As no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or which is generated from our online products or services and you engage with us at your own risk.
Upon receiving your transmission, we ensure that reasonable steps are taken to preserve the security of the information in our customer database.
If you have any questions or would like further information about our privacy practices and policies, or a hard copy of this policy, or you wish to exercise your right to make a correction, complaint or request access to any information which we have collected about you, please contact us at at:
The Privacy Officer
205 Queen Street
Phone: 09 281 7304
Our Privacy Officer will attend to your matter within a reasonable period after your communication is received and if access to information has been requested, will give access to the information in the manner requested by you, for a reasonable fee where it is reasonable and practical to do so.